The mdm.exe (Machine Debug Manager) file is installed on your computer along with Microsoft Script Editor. The main purpose of this process is to provide support for program debugging.
Mdm.exe ? File Information
By default, the mdm.exe file is located in a subfolder of C:\Program Files\Common Files. Commonly, the mdm.exe file is found in 322,120 bytes size. Other known files sizes of mdm.exe are – 335,872, 315,392, 270,336, 89,136, 3,363,328, 262,144, 323,584, 501,214, and 334,240 bytes.
By default, the mdm.exe process loads automatically when you start your computer.
Steps to disable mdm.exe
If you have installed Internet Explorer 5 or a later version, you can turn off the Machine Debug Manager by disabling script debugging. To achieve this, perform the steps listed below:
- Double-click the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop to open its corresponding window.
- Next, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab in the Internet Options dialog box.
- Clear the checkbox before the Disable script debugging option under the Browsing section.
- Click Apply to save your changes and then click OK.
If you use Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition (ME), you also need to remove the registry entry that starts the Machine Debug Manager. To achieve this, perform the steps listed below:
Warning: The steps listed in this section require you to edit the registry. It is recommended that you perform these steps only if you are comfortable in working with the Windows registry. A mistake while editing the registry can cause serious damage to your computer. Ensure that you back up the registry before making any changes to it.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click the OK button.
- Next, in the left-pane of the Registry Editor window, locate and select the following subkey.
- Now, in the right-pane of the Registry Editor window, right-click MDM7 and then click Delete.
Note: The registry value of the Machine Debug Manager on your computer may be different than MDM7.
- Click OK when prompted for a confirmation.
- Click the File menu and click Exit to close the Registry Editor.
MDM.exe ? Security Report
The genuine mdm.exe is a safe file. Many malware programs are known to use a malicious file with the same name.
Listed below are some malware programs that are known to be associated with the mdm.exe file:
If you think that the mdm.exe errors on your computer are occurring due to virus infections, it is best to update your antivirus as well as antispyware and run a thorough full system scan to detect and eliminate them.