In this article, we will discuss steps that you can perform to remove Yahoo toolbar from your web browser.
The Yahoo toolbar is a browser helper object from Yahoo Inc. that can be added to Internet Explorer and Firefox. We will take a look at the steps you need to perform to remove the Yahoo toolbar from each of these web browsers.
Steps to remove Yahoo toolbar from Firefox
You can remove the Yahoo toolbar from the Firefox browser by using either Firefox Extension Manager or Yahoo Toolbar menu. Let?s take a look at each of them ?
Use Firefox Extension Manager To Remove Yahoo toolbar
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click the Tools menu of your Firefox browser and then click Add-ons or Extensions.
- Next, locate and click Yahoo! Toolbar and then click Uninstall.
- Restart Firefox browser.
Use Yahoo Toolbar Menu To Remove Yahoo Toolbar
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Now, on the Yahoo toolbar in the Firefox window, click the Pencil button (Toolbar Settings).
- Next, click Uninstall.
- Close the Firefox browser and restart it for changes to take effect.
Issue when uninstalling Yahoo toolbar from Firefox
Even after you have tried both methods listed above, the Yahoo toolbar may still appear in your Firefox window.
Typically this behavior occurs when the Firefox user profile is corrupt.
How to resolve this issue
To resolve the issue, delete the existing corrupt user profile and recreate a new profile. To achieve this, perform the following steps:
- Close all open Firefox windows.
- Click Start and then click the Run command.
- Type firefox.exe ?ProfileManager in the Open box and press Enter.
- In the Firefox ? Choose User Profile, select the existing corrupt profile, and then click the Delete Profile button.
- Click the Create Profile button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to recreate the profile.
After you have successfully created a new profile, make use of either of the Yahoo Toolbar uninstallation methods listed above.
How to uninstall Yahoo toolbar from Internet Explorer
You can uninstall the Yahoo toolbar from Internet Explorer either through the Add or Remove Programs utility or the Yahoo toolbar menu.
Uninstall the Yahoo toolbar through the Control Panel
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Add or Remove Programs to open its corresponding window.
- Locate and select Yahoo! Toolbar.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart Internet Explorer for changes to take effect.
Uninstall the Yahoo toolbar through the Yahoo Toolbar menu
- Double-click the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop to open its corresponding window.
- Click the Pencil button in the Yahoo Toolbar and then click Uninstall.
- Close the Internet Explorer window.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
The Yahoo toolbar should now be removed from the system. If all these process don?t work, you may choose to invest in a reliable third-party program uninstaller tool. These tools are designed to perform a thorough scan of your PC and get rid of any information related to the program you are removing to ensure complete removal.