What is "Stop 0x800106ba” or Application failed to initialize error?
Stop 0x800106ba is a blue screen error which pops up when Windows is updated. The ‘Windows Update’ installs an update for the Windows Defender software, which is the root cause of this STOP error.
Any program before installation should register its files in the Windows OS. If the files do not register, the system will give an error and in the case of Windows Defender, it gives the blue screen of death.
Operating Systems affected are:
- Win Vista 32 Home
- Win Vista 32 Home Premium
- Win Vista Business
- Win Vista Ultimate
- Windows XP with Windows defender installed on it
Error appearing on the Screen
“Error Code 0x800106ba Application failed to initialize”
What causes the “STOP 0x800106ba” Blue Screen error?
Windows Defender is an anti-spyware software designed by Microsoft. This software is bundled with all the versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 to protect the system from spywares and malware. For other versions of Windows like XP, 2000 you can download this software for free and install it on your system.
For the Windows Vista and Windows 7 the defender software will update as part of the ‘windows update’. XP and 2000 have to download the updates separately and install them.
If Windows Defender is the default anti-spyware program of the system, it can be uninstalled and reinstalled to solve the blue screen. The steps to achieve this are given below:
- Click Start and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Add or Remove Programs window that opens, select Windows Defender and click Remove.
- Follow the screen instructions to completely remove Windows Defender.
To reinstall Windows Defender you have to download it from the Microsoft website.
If the above steps don’t solve the problem, then you can use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove Windows Defender completely. This utility removes even the remote registry keys of Windows Defender. After you have downloaded the utility, run the downloaded file to install it on your computer.
To cleanup Windows Defender related information from the system, first uninstall the program and then perform the following steps to remove all Windows Defender related installation information from the system:
- Click on Start and then go to All Programs
- Click on Windows Install Clean Up
- Choose Windows Defender from the list of programs
- Click on Remove.
You can reinstall Windows Defender back again on the system.
If this still does not solve the problem you can manually register the Windows Defender DLL files using the regsvr32 command. You can achieve this through these steps:
- Click Start and then select Run.
- Type regsvr32 <File Name> and click OK. Do this for all the files given below:
If Windows Defender is not the default program, you can disable it in the Windows process and the problem will be resolved. To do this you can follow the steps-
- Click Start and then click Run.
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- Display the Startup Tab.
- Clear the check box next to Windows Defender.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart the system.
This will solve the problem completely.